Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal
Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal for laminitis and weight management
An absolute ‘must-have’ addition to the diet for laminitis and weight management, other metabolic challenges, and good-doers
What you’ll love:
- Whole cereal and molasses free, so low levels of starch/sugar. Important for laminitis and weight management
- The ideal accompaniment to fibre diets for obese and metabolically challenged horses or ponies
- It looks after coat and skin health even though it’s a low-calorie product
- Includes Organic MSM in the hoof supplement so it works on the repair of internal hoof structures when damaged by laminitis
- 4 superior digestive aids to help control acidosis, buffer the hindgut and help nutrient/feed utilisation and uptake
- Tasty small pellets mean no more sifting out expensive powdered supplements – your horse or pony will eat every scrap.
- Money saved by not having to buy a whole heap of other supplements for overall health on restricted diets.
You’ll be surprised:
- How a small amount added to your horse’s feed has made such a huge difference
- Even when on poor quality fibre diets, your horse or pony will still have an amazingly shiny coat/healthy skin
- Works really quickly to help your horse/pony on the road to recovery
- If confined in a yard or stable, your horse/pony will be so much calmer
- No more sloppy manure from stress
- Great recovery from debilitating metabolic problems
- Helps to reduce cresty necks and fatty pads
- Noticeable improvements to his immune system
- Still your horse – just better than ever!
Feed it with:
Any fibre feeds – hay, chaff, beet pulp, any low NSC feeds. No other supplements required.
Think you’ve heard/seen it all before? Bet you haven’t tried a Fibregenix balancer! Nothing similar is quite the same!
Add Lami Low-Cal to your horse’s feed for around $2.49/day*
1 bag lasts the average horse 30 days
Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal
Managing diets for laminitic or overweight horses or ponies is often a huge headache for owners. However, neither category should be starved which can lead to further issues eg ulcers, colic or mental stress.
Bridging Nutritional Gaps
Despite this, diet restrictions are often necessary meaning horses and ponies can be missing out on vital essential nutrients. Lami Low-Cal can play an integral part in the diet by bridging those nutritional gaps. Furthermore, the inclusion of digestive enhancer and gut health packages will assist in reducing acidosis. Additionally, it will assist in stabilising the gut PH as well as improving forage digestion. Providing your horse or pony with the nutrients needed on a daily basis will ensure he stays healthy.
No Added Iron
Not only is it super low in starch and sugar, additionally it doesn’t contain added iron. Hence, it’s ideal to feed where there is insulin resistance and/or Cushing’s.
Ensuring the right levels of nutrients for overweight horses and ponies when on a restricted diet is tricky. And even worse when there are metabolic problems involved.
Our Lami Low-Cal bag cover pin-up boy is Dominante. He’s a purebred Andalusian stallion who has been a good doer all his life. This means he needs his diet managing carefully to ensure he avoids metabolic problems.
Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal is ideal for him. It’s specifically formulated to deliver low calorie, low protein, low starch/sugar, in a high fibre formulation.
What will Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal provide?
- digestive enhancement and gut health supplements of MOS & FOS prebiotics and sepiolite, probiotic and nucleotides. This help maintain healthy gut function and promote fibre digestibility
- excellent levels of high-quality magnesium. Research has proven that magnesium may play a vital role in assisting with insulin activity and reducing fat deposits
- organic MSM. Added to the hoof improvement supplement for the formation and repair of healthy hooves
- Omega 3 and 6 from linseed and sunflower plus organic zinc for a glossy coat and healthy skin. These essential fatty acids must be provided in the diet. The levels have been carefully balanced to promote coat and skin health without too many calories
- a powerful combination of antioxidants. Bioavailable selenium, Vitamin C and natural Vitamin E
- complete broad-spectrum vitamin & mineral package
See the links below for more information on why you should include Lami Low-Cal in your horse or pony’s diet.
Feed 100g per 100kg of body weight. Do not exceed 200g per 100 kg of body weight. Please weigh to check the amount. Introduce gradually over a week. Commence feeding with 100g in the night feed. It can be fed in a single feed or split over 2 feeds.
Feed Example 1
500kg laminitic prone horse in light/moderate work with restricted access to pasture
- 500g Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal mixed with appropriate quantities of white chaff
- 8-10 kg low nutritional value hay or soaked hay for an hour prior to feeding. The amount fed depends on whether the horse needs to lose weight or maintain current weight
- 200-400 g beet pulp – pre-soaked dry weight
500kg horse with Cushing’s. In light/moderate work (eg showing/riding club activities/low-level dressage)
- Lami Low-Cal 500g
- 6-8 kg hay. Ideally NSC value less than 10% – the lower the better
- 1 kg plain chaff or a mixture of chaff/beet pulp or any other fibre feed product.
NB: Hay, chaff, beet pulp, etc amounts can be adjusted depending on your current condition, pasture access etc. NO grain/sweet feeds of any kind.
NEVER starve laminitic horses or ponies. Maintain fibre levels and increase chew time by feeding in slow feeder hay nets.
- Crude Protein 15%
- Crude Oils & Fats 5%
- Crude Fibre 20%
- Starch 5%
- Sugar 3.8%
- Energy 8.3 MJ/kg
Wheat husks, Oat Hulls, Dehulled Soyabean Meal, Lucerne, Fibregenix Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Full Fat Soya, Limestone, Linseed Meal, Sunflower Meal, Dicalphosphate, Salt, MOS (Mannan Oligosaccharide) 0.4%, FOS (Fructo Oligosaccharide) 0.4%, MSM 0.25%, nucleotides 0.04%
NB: Wheat feed refers to outer husk of grain not whole cereals.
Vitamin & Minerals:-
Calcium 2.4% Sepiolite 8,000mg/kg
Phosphorus 0.8% Vitamin K3 4mg/kg
Magnesium 0.5% Pantothenic Acid 20mg/kg
Salt 0.18% Folic Acid 20mg/kg
Sodium 0.1% Vitamin B1 25mg/kg
Potassium 0.6% Vitamin B2 10mg/kg
Chloride 0.3% Vitamin B6 20mg/kg
Sulphur 0.2% Vitamin B12 80mcg/kg
Lysine 11.1 g/kg Biotin B7 30mg/kg
Methionine 3.3 g/kg Choline chloride 200mg/kg
Threonine 5.2 g/kg Cobalt 2mg/kg
Vitamin A 60,000iu/kg Copper 200mg/kg
Vitamin C 30mg/kg Manganese 300mg/kg
Vitamin D3 8,000iu/kg Selenium 2mg/kg
Vitamin E 250mg/kg Zinc 500mg/kg
Niacinamide 40mg/kg Iodine 2mg/kg
- Calcium iodate 3.1mg/kg
- Cupric sulphate Pentahydrate 700mg/kg
- Cupric Chelate of Glycine Hydrate 104mg/kg
- Manganous Oxide 403mg/kg
- Manganese Chelate of Glycine Hydrate 227mg/kg
- Zinc Oxide 555mg/kg
- Zinc chelate of Glycine Hydrate 384mg/kg
- Sodium Selenite 2.2mg/kg
- Selenium Enriched Yeast 454mg/kg
- Cobalt Carbonate 3.8mg/kg
Actisaf Yeast (S. Cerevisiae Sc47) 20 x 10⁹ CFU