or 4 fortnightly payments of $18.74 with More info
Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal for laminitis and weight management. Absolute ‘must-have’ addition to the diet for laminitis and weight management, other metabolic challenges, and good doers
Managing diets for laminitic or overweight horses or ponies is often a huge headache for owners. However, neither category should be starved as this can lead to further issues eg ulcers, colic or mental stress.
Despite this, diet restrictions are often necessary meaning horses and ponies can be missing out on vital essential nutrients. Ensuring the right levels of nutrients for overweight horses and ponies when on a restricted diet is tricky at the best of times. And even worse when there are metabolic problems involved.
Lami Low-Cal can play an integral part in the diet by bridging those nutritional gaps. It’s specifically formulated to deliver low calorie, low protein, low starch/sugar, in a high fibre formulation.
Furthermore, the inclusion of digestive enhancer and gut health packages will assist in reducing acidosis. Added benefits include assisting in stabilising the gut PH as well as improving forage digestion. Your horse or pony will get all the daily nutrients he needs to ensure he stays healthy.
Whole cereal and molasses free, so super low levels of starch/sugar. A 500kg horse fed on 500g Lami Low-Cal will have a starch intake of just 25g per day. Well within the 100g starch per meal recommended for metabolic issues and adheres to the recommendation of no more than 0.3g of starch per kg of bodyweight of horse.
- No added iron. Hence, it’s ideal to feed where there is insulin resistance and/or Cushing’s.
- Promotes great coat and skin health, even when on poorer quality fibre
- Helps reduce cresty necks and fatty pads
- Works quickly to help your horse/pony on the road to recovery
- Confined in a yard or stable, your horse/pony will be so much calmer
- Noticeable improvements to his immune system
- Save money by not having to buy additional supplements
- Tasty, small pellets mean no more sifting out expensive powdered supplements. Your horse or pony will eat every scrap.
- digestive enhancement and gut health supplements of MOS & FOS prebiotics and sepiolite, live yeast probiotic, beta glucans and nucleotides. This comprehensive combination of digestive aids helps maintain healthy gut function and promote fibre digestibility. Additionally, they help reduce acidosis, buffer the hindgut and aid nutrient/feed utilisation and uptake
- excellent levels of high-quality magnesium. Research has proven that magnesium may play a vital role in assisting with insulin activity and reducing fat deposits
- organic MSM. Added to the hoof improvement supplement for the formation and repair of healthy hooves
- Omega 3 and 6 from linseed and sunflower with organic zinc for a glossy coat and healthy skin. These essential fatty acids must be provided in the diet. The levels have been carefully balanced to promote coat and skin health without providing excess calories.
- Includes Organic MSM in the hoof supplement so aids the repair of internal hoof structures damaged by laminitis
- powerful combination of antioxidants. Bioavailable selenium, Vitamin C and natural Vitamin E
- complete broad-spectrum vitamin & mineral package that includes the most bioavailable chelate forms
Feed 100g per 100kg of body weight. Do not exceed 200g per 100 kg of body weight. Please weigh to check the amount. Introduce gradually over a week. Commence feeding with 100g in the night feed. It can be fed in a single feed or split over 2 feeds.
Complements all fibre feeds – eg hay, chaff, beet pulp, any low NSC feeds. No other supplements required.
Feed Example 1:
- 500kg laminitic prone horse in light/moderate work with restricted access to pasture
- 500g Fibregenix Lami Low-Cal mixed with appropriate quantities of white chaff
- 8-10 kg low nutritional value hay or soaked hay for an hour prior to feeding. The amount fed depends on whether the horse needs to lose weight or maintain current weight
- 200-400g beet pulp – (dry weight before soaking)
- 500kg horse with Cushing’s. In light/moderate work (eg showing/riding club activities/low-level dressage)
- Lami Low-Cal 500g
- 6-8 kg hay. Ideally NSC value less than 10% – the lower the better
- 1 kg plain chaff or a mixture of chaff/beet pulp or any other fibre feed product.
NB: Hay, chaff, beet pulp, etc amounts can be adjusted depending on your current condition, pasture access etc. NO grain/sweet feeds of any kind.
NEVER starve laminitic horses or ponies. Maintain fibre levels and increase chew time by feeding in slow feeder hay nets.
Add Lami Low-Cal to your horse’s feed for around $2.49/day*
1 bag lasts the average horse 30 days
Click to download Lami Low Cal Nutrient Analysis
$74.95 inc. GST
Lami Low to assist your horse with issues of laminitis:
Add Lami Low-Cal to your horse’s feed for around $2.49/day* to promote:
- Assists the laminitic horse or pony
- Weight Loss
- Coat, Skin & Hooves
- Health & Well-being
- Digestive Health
Fed @ 100gm/100kg of body weight…
*Based on avg 500 kg horse*
Tried other but back to Fibregenix
So happy to have my boys back on #fibregenix They both eat every single piece of their feed and I feel extremely confident they are getting everything they require to be paddock puffs 💕 After going through feed hell recently, literally throwing feed out! One horse becoming unwell. Simplez Fibregenix Lamilight (mainly because beau doesn't need too much of anything) Wheaten chaff Finishing off lucerne chaff but won't replace it, for bundy Golden fibre Lupins (more for bundy) And salt/electrolytes when needed
I am so grateful I found out about this product
My pony LOVES his bucket of chaff each morning and night. Goes for it straight away whereas before he always went for the hay! I'm guessing he loves the Lami Low Cal. He is even neighing each morning and night! I am so grateful I found out about this product.
losing his fat deposits...something that I'd been trying to move for approx. 2 years.
I can't recommend Fibregenix products highly enough. I have 3 "land whales" (and I say that with much affection 💚💙🧡) who have all lost weight since being on Lami Low-Cal, and look absolutely amazing, with the biggest change being my 12yo Morgan gelding losing his fat deposits...something that I'd been trying to move for approx. 2 years. My other 5 horses are on Prime Original, with my most senior horses of 21 & 22yo also having Joint & Bone, and WOW, what a difference these products have made to them. All horses look better than they ever have and my feed time has reduced enormously in preparation time. Thanks so much Anita for sharing your knowledge and caring so much about the welfare of our horses.
Always a pleasurable experience purchasing Fibregenix products. Love how simple it is to use and cost effective.
Cannot recommend this company higher
Hollie Cassini My rising 23yo superstar - 2005 to 2018. I contacted Fibregenix after he developed laminitis recently. He had his first showjumping competition back today (not pictured!) and finished reserve champion. Cannot recommend this company higher, the nutritional information I’ve received has been invaluable.
I’m so glad I made the decision to put our shetlands on Lami-Low Cal. They love it and they get all the nutrition that they need, plus it’s cost effective. WIN WIN WIN
Doing so well
“He is doing well on the Lami Low-Cal & the Liquid Joint and bone Rosehip syrup. This time last year he was plagued with a series of hoof abscesses & fetlock joint arthritis. This year there has been no sign of these problems & he is more comfortable in himself.” Penny & Ziggy, NSW
Our little pony loves her Lami-Low-Cal and looks and does so well on it. She’s 23 with Cushings but having the right diet helps to keep her performing like the little super star that she is 🌟 🌟 🌟