FIBREGENIX BALANCER INGREDIENTS BACKGROUND
- We have ensured that only quality digestible protein sources are used.
- Protein is composed of individual amino acids, some of which your horse can manufacture from dietary components and others which must be supplied in the diet. These are known as “essential” amino acids and include lysine and methionine, the first limiting amino acids. Ie, those most likely to be deficient in the diet. Our performance balancer contains higher levels for horses whose requirements are high, eg breeding and performance horses.
- The higher the proportion of essential amino acids supplied by a protein source, the better is deemed its quality.
- Protein provides the building blocks of all body tissues, including muscle, tendons, ligaments and hooves. When fed at recommended levels, our balancers will provide a valuable top up of essential amino acids. This will help aid the formation of the top line and overall musculature that makes a Fibregenix supplemented horse stand out.
- Seed meals such as linseed and sunflower found in Fibregenix balancers supply the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and 6. Your horse cannot manufacture these for himself, so they need to be added to his diet.
- Your horse’s natural diet of grass is where he would normally get these fatty acids and grass contains a higher proportion of Omega 3 to 6.
- Due to the way they are digested and metabolised, the calories supplied by seed meals are slow-release and non-heating.
- Fibre is fermented by bacteria in your horse’s hindgut to produce volatile fatty acids. These can be used as an energy source. Fibre should be the basis of every horse’s diet and the most cost-effective way to feed it is as preserved forage or fresh pasture.
- Additional digestible fibre from oat hulls, wheat husks and lucerne, is found in all the Fibregenix balancer supplement range.
Vitamins and Minerals
- The balance/ratio of vitamins and minerals in Fibregenix balancers is carefully formulated. This will ensure your horse receives all he needs to bridge nutritional dietary gaps when fed at recommended levels.
- Specific small molecule chelated minerals are included in all our balancers at tailored levels supporting varying nutritional demands. “Chelating” is a process whereby minerals are attached to other molecules, eg proteins or simple sugars. This helps your horse’s body absorb and utilise them more easily.
- The specific chelates in Fibregenix are unrivalled in their bioavailability and are utilised by your horse in a completely different way to other types of chelates.
- Some vitamins and minerals are antioxidant. They protect body cells from free radicals produced through metabolism and natural body processes. Fibregenix balancers contain these antioxidant vitamins and minerals at beneficial levels supporting health, performance and well-being.
- Selenium is an important antioxidant and Alkosel’s organic selenium yeast is more readily available than other forms of this trace mineral.
- Fibregenix balancers contain tocopherol-rich extracts of natural origin of Vitamin E for increased bioavailability.
Digestive Enhancers/functional Ingredients
- This collective term refers to ingredients such as Actisaf Live Probiotic yeast, purified nucleotides, Mannanoligosaccharides & FOS prebiotics. These are included as part of the digestive packages to help promote your horse’s gut efficiency.
- Actisaf live probiotic yeast is included for its unrivalled ability in stimulating fibre digesting bacteria in your horse’s hindgut. Maximum benefit is gained when it is included in the diet daily.
- Safmannan MOS acts as a toxin binder removing pathogenic bacteria from his digestive system. It also helps to promote a healthy immune system.
- Profeed FOS is a unique short chain fructo-oligosaccharide which is a food source for beneficial gut bacteria. FOS enables them to flourish at the expense of pathogenic species. It plays a role in positively modifying the gut microflora. FOS enhances digestive health and helps reduce the risk of digestive upsets. Another benefit is its ability to help strengthen the immune system and to help improve insulin sensitivity in obese horses or ponies.
- Ascogen purified nucleotides have many far-reaching effects in your horse’s body. Nucleotides help to increase nutrient absorption and aid in red blood cell production to assist in stamina and performance. They also have a positive influence on immunity.
- A non-heating feed is one that is less likely to produce excitable behaviour when fed at the recommended rate. Being super low in starch and sugar content and whole cereal free, Fibregenix balancers are classed as non-heating.